The Law Society introduced the CON29DW in 2002, with the aim of providing a standard form of drainage enquiry for use in property conveyancing. The report provides up to date information on water supply, the status of sewer connections and billing arrangements. It is therefore advisable to apply for information regarding the drainage and sewerage of the property.
What will a drainage search cover?
The search will reveal, among other things, the following useful
information about the property:
- If the property is served by public sewers
- If the property is connected to mains water
- Whether there are water mains located within the boundaries of the property
- Which company supplies the water
- What is the basis for charging for sewerage and mains water supply
Additional Terms apply
The fees for a drainage search vary depending on the water authority concerned. Please refer to our order form for more information.
Order online or call our customer service team on 0800 023 2378